The Creative ELAR program uses a more gentle, traditional approach to learning. The program provides project-based learning lesson plans to fully cover the content of the ELAR Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and, following scope and sequence requirements. The content has been written, from scratch, to exactly align to the TEKS and lessons are inclusive and provide real-life applications that are inclusive and suitable for all students from all demographic groups.
Grade 8 consists of both Student and Teacher Textbook, with optional assessments tools. The teacher edition provides;
1. Benchmark test using tier 1 test papers – TPS provide prepared benchmark tests at varying skill levels, below, at and above grade level. We propose that Level 1 is given at the start of term to ensure all students show their natural knowledge about the topics they will study. The benchmark tests can be found in the blackline master in the online menu. Teachers will use the assessment generator and interactive database continually on a regular weekly basis to monitor progress.
2. Assessment generator ? To be used each day by teachers who can project or print questions by performance expectation, and using three skill levels. This ensures RTI and Gifted and Talented and Advanced learners can be accommodated.
3. Expository text ? In each lesson students focus on ELA language and real life applications of the ELA content.
4. Key Words ? Language is key for all students. A picture glossary has been created for all key words. They show the history of the word, number of syllables and often detail other information, such as synonyms.
5. Universal Access – Art project – These are exactly aligned to State requirements for the arts. In order to deliver ELA content in a different manner, and to provide a further assessment tool, TPS offers arts projects for each TEKS. Other ELA projects have been created and are available in the online libraries.
6. Math and literacy assignments – The relevant math and ELA content requirements appear in projects. TPS also provide assignments for the same content to ensure the math and ELA skills are focused upon and assessed. TPS has also included partner products TEAM UP, and ReallyGoodStuff kits, to use for below grade students. 7. Word Wall activity – TPS has created activities based around the ELA requirements performed using a word wall in classrooms.
8. Homework – In addition to worksheets and written tests, TPS has offered art project and word wall hands-on activities for assessment. The STEM homework is an individual activity to be completed as homework which further provides assessment
All of these materials are available, both in print and in our online menus.