TPS Publishing Inc. and partners have constructed:
- 'Creative Mathematics Curriculum with STEM, Literacy and Arts' program
- 'Creative Science Curriculum with STEM, Literacy and Arts' program
With the intent to enhance the Science and Mathematics learning and teaching in schools in your state.
Through adhering to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills break outs for Mathematics and Science, the programs present the subjects as ways of thinking and learning, incorporating literacy skills necessary for academic success in acquiring Mathematics and Science as academic languages.
The programs have been built through a collaborative effort by several companies, each of which have expertise in subject instructional design. They share a commitment to activity-based instruction. The diversity of writers and perspectives ensures that the material is inclusive.
We provide three key inquiry based component areas;
- TPS Publishing Inc. - Traditional lesson plans using manipulatives, provided by Invicta Education, exactly aligned to each TEKS.
- STEM project based learning cycles - Illinois State University provide wonderful activities, via learning cycles, especially useful as a visual assessment tool and for advanced learners covering a group of TEKS including all Mathematical Process Standards and Scientific Investigation and Reasoning.
- Crafting projects - Aligned to each of the K - 8 TEKS. TPS with Action Based Curriculum provide nasen approved projects, which are a by standard visual assessment tools, and are inclusive, but particularly useful for far below grade students, ELL and special education users.
Each set of lesson plans complement each other; together they cover the full criteria of your state requirements and offer a wonderful activity-based learning program with all writers basing content on grade specific literacy materials.
Our team utilize a 'by standard, strand and or learning cycle structure', which engages students in active interaction with the content. This approach is based on the concept that we all learn best by doing, rather than simply listening or watching.
Our Professional Learning Opportunities also utilize the "learn by doing" philosophy and methodology. Participants understand the "how" and the "why" of the pedagogy by experiencing and engaging in Mathematics.
Available in our online store here